The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises has been implementing Trade Related Entrepreneurship Assistance and Development (TREAD) Scheme for Women. The scheme envisages economic empowerment exclusively of women through trade related training, information and counseling extension activities related to trades, products, services etc.

FINANCIAL SUPPORT

Under the Scheme financial loans are provided by Nationalized Banks and grants by Government of India at the rate of 30per cent of the loan subject to maximum limit of Rs.30.00 lakh through NGOs for capacity building and for undertaking self-employment ventures by women in non-farm activities.Minister for Communications & Information Technology Ravi Shankar Prasad presenting the Certificate of Appreciation at inaugurate of the First All Women Village Level Entrepreneur Conference in New Delhi (file).

Ministry of MSME also conducts Skill Development Training Programmes for women to upgrade their skills for self & wage employment and generate income.

Under Mahila Coir Yojana , financial assistance is provided for motorized ratts for spinning coir yarn to women artisans after giving training. Government provides motorized rats/ motorized traditional ratts at 75 per cent cost subsidy subject to a maximum ceiling of Rs.7500/- for motorized ratts and Rs.3200/- for motorized traditional ratts. The remaining 25per cent is raised by the beneficiaries.

Under the Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP), the women entrepreneurs are provided additional subsidy of 10 per cent over & above the general category entrepreneurs in both rural & urban areas, with reduced beneficiary contribution of 5 per cennt of project cost as against 10 per cent for general category.

Under the Micro & Small Enterprises – Cluster Development Scheme (MSE-CDP) , there is special dispensation for women entrepreneurs in Soft and Hard Intervention ranging from additional 15 per cent to 20 per cent of Government of India grant.