Dr Veerendra Heggade, Co-Chairman, National Advisory Council for Rural Self Employment Training Institutes (RSETIs) says that mere training is not enough. We need to motivate the entrepreneurs as well to generate self-employment. He spoke to NEWS MSME on the sidelines of signing an MOU between Khadi and Village Commission (KVIC) and monitoring cell of RSETIs.
Ministry of MSME through KVIC is implementing the Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme (PMGEP) for generating employment opportunities through setting up micro enterprises in rural and urban areas of the country. Around 2.9 lakh micro enterprises have been set up so far. There are 581 RSETIs/RUDSETIs in the country that give training and support in more than 250 skills.
The KVIC has now signed an MoU with monitoring cell of RSETIs to conduct Entrepreneurship Development Programmes. The objectives are:
- RSETIs will carry out EDP training of Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP) beneficiaries.
- Higher rating in District Level Task Force Committee (DLTFC) of PMEGP for their selection
- Monitoring cell for RSETIs will ensure hand holding for trainees, project formulation and guidance for a period of two years
- Monitoring Cell will prepare district wise model project reports for beneficiaries
- Monitoring Cell will also utilize infrastructure of KVIC Departmental Training Centres for skill development
- Monitoring Cell will organize workshop jointly with KVIC at district level for officials of Banks to sensitize them on PMEGP .
- MoU will be for initial period of three years and performance will be reviewed after two years.